Sunday, March 1, 2009

A rewarding week!

12.35am, Monday, 02/03/09, Cloudy

This is my second post.

I'm not used to sign in to blogspot to write my blog post, yet, I will definitely get used to this way of logging in for the next couple of years.

Last week

Wei Keong and I went for Yoga Lin "Trick" concert @ Singapore Indoor Stadium on last Friday 20 Feb 09.

It was a surprise, as I won this tickets from a contest, and it was a rewarding break and gift as a re-treat after my assignment.

Thus, I did not get a girl to go to the concert with me. Instead I got a choice of either bringing either one of my best friend from my list, Wei Keong or Colin, in the end, I choose to bring along Wei Keong for the concert, as the time I spent with him is lesser for the week.

Overall, the concert was great, in terms of vocal presentation by Yoga Lin, he proved himself as the winner of Xin Guang Da Dao singing competition. There were 2 encores, yet, he did not sing 3 songs which we got to know Yoga better with his songs 那首歌, 伯乐 ,你是我的眼.

S.H.E and Olivia Ong was the two special guests for the concert. S.H.E sang 4 songs in total, which was 20 minutes and Olivia Ong sang her first mandarin song, 如燕, the theme song for local drama Little Nyonya, starring Jeanette Aw, Qi Yu Wu etc.
Overall 3.9 out of 5.













(Photo courtesy from xin.sg)

@ School
Last week and this week was a busy and concluding week for my 2 modules @ School. Wave goodbye to my project mates for Organisational behaviour module, and manage to add one of my team mates at facebook...
Well, as one module has a total of 6 lessons, thus, after 6 weeks saying hi and after that, wave goodbye... Unless you are willing to keep in touch with your school mates, if not, it is really a hi-bye relationship.

Meanwhile, my hard work pays off, I managed to finish and submitted my assignments yesterday and complete my online test two days before deadline, which I guess, a better time management compared to my last semester.

@ leisure time
Wei keong was back from overseas trip looking exhausted and drained off from work. We met up for dinner @ Marina Square yesterday. I was early surprisingly. As I was keen to find out the courses in design @ Marina Square centre stage whereby my design, art and media schools were there to guide students on courses offered in their premises...

As it was just the 2 of us, thus we decided to watch a movie. We choose Suspect X and the decision was right. I was a thrilling story with great plot and characters in the movie.

Synopsis

A male body is discovered. He is strangled to death where his face pulverized beyond recognition and fingers burned to a crisp. Kaoru Utsumi (played by Kou Shibasaki) is assigned to the case. The police face great difficulty in cracking the case.


Thus, she seeks advice from brilliant physicist Manabu Yukawa (played by Masaharu Fukuyama), aka Detective Galileo. After analyzing the case, Yukawa suspects that the true genius behind everything is Tetsuya Ishigami (played by Shinichi Tsutsumi), the neighbor of victim's ex-wife.

Ishigami happens to be Yukawa's college friend whom he regards as a true mathematics genius. Elaborate bluffs, false testimonials, loopholes in logic - all begin to appear in Detective Galileo's way as if intentionally placed as a challenge by someone with mathematical brilliance.

Starring: Kou Shibasaki, Masaharu Fukuyama, Kazuki Kitamura, Shinichi_tsutsumi, Yasuko_matsuyuki
Genre:Suspense
Language: Japanese
Release Date:26 February 2009
Running Time:130 minutes
Number of pop corns: 3.7 out of 5.
This story has used scientific and mathematics to tell the audiences the different angles of thoughts of a suspect thinking and the victim doings. It really give audiences room of imagination when figuring out the motives of the suspect. Great plot and acting especially by Japanese actor Shinichi_tsutsumi as the suspect of the movie and not the leading actor for the movie.

Website for you to find out more
http://www.encorefilms.com/suspectx/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails