Sunday, June 14, 2009

As Usual or Unusual

2.45am, Tuesday, 16/06/2009, Hot
Another week had passed.

I began to read up books which I will be and I had might have to read for the next semester, as recently, apart from clearing the important tasks which I was supposed to finish off before my B day, I guess, Ah Wang knew it best.

Organising the time that is given, I choose to hit the gym whenever possible, watch a movie and listen to the music which I usually don't or will place my headphone glued to it for hours while doing my workout. I guess, when I really love an artiste or the songs from a particular album, I will be hocked with hours repeating the tracks over and over again, especially live music, or music which I do not understand what the singers is trying to deliver.

Canto hits is one of my top choices. Hong kong Artistes, Joey Yung songs , and Ah Sa (Charlene) Lonely Me album and various selection had kept my fingers busy having me to press the repeat button on my MP3 player countless times.

On Saturday (20/06/2009)
Apart from spending my time on music, having to try new food will definitely be one of the ways to spend time with a group of friends.

This restaurant, Nanxiang Steamed Bun Restaurant located @ Level 2 #02-53, which is famous for its steam buns, and hand-made meat buns, Xiao Long Bao. Though I 'm not a meat lover, yet, there are always reasons to try something new.

Wei Keong, Jun Yuan, Kah Leng, Colin and I had ordered some dishes including as shown in below pictures,
King Size Crab Roe Steamed Soup Bun,
Nanxiang Dumpling soup,
Nanxiang Handmade Bean curd,
Stir Fired String Bean, and
Shanghai Fried Rice etc

Changing tyre story
Though sometimes, in life many things are unpredictable, while traveling to our next destination for Desserts. We are troubled with something to stress about, our vehicle broke down, one of the tyres was punctured, we had, but no choice, to change the tyres for Colin's vehicle.
Seriously, it was my first time changing tyres, though I was taught during my first driving lesson. Yet, I was amazed with having to remember some of the important steps to change the flattened tyres. Yet, it is of course team work from Keong and Yuan as well as Kah Leng holding on to the big box of tissues papers, if not, Colin will be panicked with fear.
As he was shivering with doubts of changing as he is still a new driver who I guess, and confirm, he had totally forgot the know-how to change tyres and I do doubt his rest day of checking his vehicle as the checks were not done properly with more problems reflected.
Well, the dirty hands, and in total, we spent more than 1 hour plus to change the new tyres and ensure it was in good condition before me and Colin went to the nearest Petrol station to fill up the tank.
By the time when everything is perfect, it was 11. 45 pm.

@ East Coast Food Centre
After changing to the new tyres, we are good to head down to our original destination, East Coast Park for supper.
However, most of the stores had closed, thus we managed to have some drinks, satay and fried Oyster and a bottle of Heineken to bottle up our spirit with joy for the wonderful weekend we had with Colin and the "great" time changing tyres!



Music Review

In this week of Music review, I will be recommending 2 songs from the same singer, Penny Dai. First, the title of the song, Chuan Wai, from i Penny album (7th album) which was an impressive album released in 2006 by (EMI Music).
This song is also the theme song for Japanese Drama, One Litre of Tears starring Erika Sawajiri, Hiroko Yakushimaru, Ryo Nishikido, Takanori Jinnai etc which is about a girl who was diagnosed with an incurable degenerative disease at 15, but was able to continue her life until her death at the age of 25.
She began to keep a diary at the suggestion of her doctor, and continued to write until she could no longer hold a pen. The Dairy, titled 1 rottoru, no namida, was published shortly her death. Although some of the characters and situation are fictionalized in this television version, the dialogue frequently draws directly from Aya kito's own words.
Each episode concludes with a narrated diary, framed with photographs from various stage of life before and after her diagosis.

Penny Dai - Chuan Wai MV and Lyrics

MV link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxYHwhQ2Bik&feature=related

A Litre of Tears Poster
Apart from introducing a song which was released from 2006, Penny Dai, i Penny album, she had released her 8th album after 3 years, which is titled, Forgive me for being such a girl, with a total of 14 wonderful tracks and emotions expressed with her composes over the past 3 years in the Chinese music industry.
She had also upgraded to becoming her own MV director and part-time photographer who assist to help artistes shoot their album covers pictures.
The second song which I preferred in her 8th album is Liang Nian by Penny Dai. It describe the 2 scenarios which we might be caught with when handling problems occurred in relationship and also the kind of frustration which eventually, she had, no choice but to remain and choose to remain loneliness.

Movie Recommendation
Starring Matthew Mc Conaughey, Jennifer Garner, Michael Douglas etc
Celebrity photographer Connor Mead (Matthew Mc Conaughey) loves freedom, fun and women in that order.
A committed bachelor who thinks nothing of breaking up with multiple women on a conference call, Connors mockery of romance proves a buzz-kill for his kid brother, Paul, and a houseful of well wishers on the eve of Paul's wedding.
Just when it looks like Connor may single-handedly ruin the wedding, he gets a wake-up call from the ghost of his late Uncle Wayne (Michael Douglas) which delivers through the ghosts of Connors jilted girlfriends-past, present and future taking Connor on a revealing and hilarious odyssey through a lifetime of failed relationships.
Together, they attempt to find out what turned Connor into such insensitive jerk and whether there is hope for him to find his true love...or if he really is the lost cause everyone thinks he is.
My personal view:
Overall Rating 4 out of 5.
This is a must-watch movie, which gives and inspire to treasure the people especially the one I loved(which I had not found the person at this moment).
However, I will treasure the right-person in my life when I am certain that we shall walk the next 20-30 years to come together and not be someone to be leaving this earth, alone without any loved ones at the last day at our wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails