Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Courage Dairy - Episode 2

I was feeling weak when i heard my name is called " Jeffrey Lim" announced by one of the operation theatre staff. It was followed by " The operation is over" heard over my ears. At that moment, I was unable to move, too weak to even open my eyes. But I knew the nurses are pushing my bed from the major operation theatre to the ward. As the bed was moved to the high dependency ward (ICU unit), on the way along the corridor, my eyes were starring at me. In my heart, I knew how ugly I might look ... But I was mentally prepared as I knew the effects on my face as my surgeon (Dr Lye) did mention to me. The clock reflected is 5.15pm. It was rather a long operation, around 6 - 7.5 hours long. The back of my head was rather painful. I requested a nurse to move my head to the over side of the bed as the pain was unbearable. At the high dependency ward, it was like a war zone after the quake, nurses were busy monitoring the patients condition especially the elder patients who is next to me was depending on a tube to breathe. I was feeling rather sleepy after the operation. Closing my eyes to rest as I was also unable to move from the advice of the nurse who was checking my condition to ensure I was feeling all right. I can't talk, only murmured my words...even for a cup of water. Even when I realise that water was on the table near my bed, the time reflected on the clock is 7.05pm... My sisters who had just finish with their work was at the hopsital to visit me hours later. I was requesting for water as I was feeling rather thirsty. I was a long night. The only thing I can do is rest. Though I was eager to look at the mirror yet, I know, I can only do so probably when I discharge from SGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails