Friday, January 8, 2010

Dec 30 - Jan 2 Phuket Trip (Wave Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010)

7.50pm, Tuesday, 12 /01/2010, Windy

Day 3 After a day spent @ Similan island, day 3 commenced a bit late, the boys woke up @ 9 plus while the girls were woke up slightly earlier. We had brunch instead of breakfast as it was around 15 past 11am. No. 6 is closed on the first day of new year 2010, thus we had brunch at a eating place near our hotel, a 10 minutes walk.

I ordered the English breakfast which comes with 2 slices of bread, bacon, hot dog, eggs, beans, veg etc.
















A group pic of us having breakfast
After the brunch, we went back to hotel to prepare for the noon activities. As planned, we will be sun-tanning and doing water sports at the beach. Jet-skiing is one of such sport activities. It is my first time trying so many sports activities including banana-boat, parasailing etc. On the way heading to the beach, we went to a massage parlour to get info and made our reservation for a full body massage + facial @ this massage parlour called "NO SEX" Massage!














Our group pictures of Selene, Augustine, Adelene & Me (Jeff) parasailing...














Our group pics of us sitting on the banana boat, jet skiing.

We spent half a day at the beach till late noon, which was around 5pm. We did wash-up at the nearby hotel to get ready for the next upcoming activity, massage @ "NO SEX" massage!















Our group picture @ "NO SEX" Massage!

After the nearly 2 hour massage + herbal facial retreat @ "NO SEX" Massage, we headed to the hotel at the same time, looking for agency to book the next day transport to the Phuket airport.

After the confirmation booking for our transport to the airport, we headed back to the hotel to change to a new set of clothing and wash up (which is up to individual).

On the way to the seafood restaurant, we were attracted to the aroma of the Phad Thai. I guess, Augustine was the one that influence us cos he cannot resist himself to the local thai delight especially Phad Thai.

Checking out and comparing the prices @ 2 different seafood restaurants, we decided to have dinner at this Live Seafood restaurant called Savorey seafood.

In total, we ordered 6 dishes include:

1. Stir fried Squid with white wine sauce.

2. Mixed Veggie in Oyster sauce

3. Chinese Deep fried Spring rolls

4. Bean curd soup with veggie

5. Fried fish with sweet and sour sauce

6. Grilled butter Prawns















But the six dishes was unable to fill my hunger...

I wanted more seriously, thus after leaving the restaurant, I was hoping G5 will walk toward this road called Bala street as Mc Donald's is just around the corner. Without hesitation, I asked," Anyone wants any ice cream or fries?"

Everyone was shocked with my words, as the rest of G5 were full.

Thus, I decided to have Mc Donald's fries + ice cream Mc flurry Oreo.

Day 4

The day began really early in late 2 am. As I did not sleep the night, it was the late night at Phuket, I had thought running in my mind that "Holiday is ending and time should not wasted on sleeping."

While Selene and Augustine had fell asleep, Azlin, Adelene, Patrick & Me decided to have a light supper to conclude our last night @ Phuket. Mc Donald's was the only 24 hours restaurant left along Bala Street.

I ordered the 6 pieces of nuggets meal with giant fries + drink.

It was nearly 4am when finished having supper and heading back to the hotel.

Day 4 (2nd half)

Another day which we had to begin the day having brunch instead of breakfast, as we are all deadbeat due to the several water sport activities.

As recommended, Patrick suggested to try KFC @ Thailand as it is "different" than the ones we had in Singapore. Truly, it is different, the chicken is bigger, more tender and giant Pepsi as shown in the picture below speaks louder than words.















On our first day at Jungceylon Shopping Mall, G6 were attracted by the Swenden earthquake poster outside the restaurant which is priced 295 Ba which is equivalent to S$12-14.















The reason to have ice cream is hoping that 2010 will begin smoothing for G6. And I just hope daily will be as sweet as the ice cream we had, though it is not possible, but, I will our friendship will be stronger after the Phuket trip.

Jia you, G6.

On the way back to Singapore, it was partly my fault not checking the content of the liquid moisturiser I will be bringing back to Singapore as it was more than 100 ml for hand carry bag. Thus the bottle of liquid moisturiser was noted as contraband item.

However, I was stunned by the remark that the officer which stopped and told me, I can have the moisturiser back at 100 baht. I was stunned as it is the "right" way of how things can be solved or it was just another... I told G5 the problem, I was pleased that at the point, our friendship was put to the test as the group was willing to give me 100 baht to have the bottle of moisturiser as it was costly. But because of my stubbornness, I decided not to.

But through this situation, I was contented as my friends did not leave me on the spot alone. But I was angry with the officer for using such a way to handle the "so called" contraband items to their knowledge.

Well, it was just a small problem after all. I hope you will be more cautious with the things you bring in to Singapore or other customs.

Music I'm currently Listening




















Music Review

The three members of F.I.R are all smiling for their fifth anniversary. Their brand new album Let's smile loudly announces their return in the energetic new single "We Are" and the passionate anthem Find My Way. Faye's mellow vocals lead the way for the "The Flower with in the Thorns", a heartfelt ballad about how love can overcome even the most daunting darners.

Coming two years after Love Diva album in 2007, F.I.R's anticipated new album puts the band 's music and the creativity in the spotlight. Their brand new album "Let Smiles" won this week Taiwan g-music weekly chart best selling album.




















Artiste: F.I.R
Title: Let's Smile
Genre: Rock, Ballad

Youtube Mv Link:
I Am Here
www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqN-_A0YBTY

Song Recommendation:
1. I am here.
2. Find my way.
3. Let's Smile. (Ran Wo Men Wei Xiao Ba)
4. We Are...

Overall Rating:

2.3 out of 5.
The album lacks impact and direction as compared to their first album. Song like Lydia, Wo Men De Ai is simply the KTV hits till now. Even mypaper on Friday dated 15 Jan, 2009 graded 2 out of 5 for this album and had written harsher review on this album. Well, if you are F.I.R 's fan, do support, if not, well, there are other ways to hear the album, youtube is the best choice.

For the chinese review of the F.I.R album, check it out in my facebook account link by Kiss Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails